Client Spotlight: Gilene, Jacquelyn, and Patti @ Suncoast Credit Union
For August’s edition, we want to thank and highlight Suncoast Credit Union for catering with us since 2019. See the full interview below:
- What are some quick history fun facts about Suncoast credit union? Suncoast Credit Union began in 1934 when a handful of local educators founded Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union. Throughout the years, we’ve grown and expanded our membership to include anyone who lives, works, attends school, or worships in the Florida counties we serve. Today, we’re proud to be the largest credit union in Florida. From our humble beginnings to all the exciting developments along the way, Suncoast’s history is rich with memorable moments. And every one of them is thanks to our incredible members.
- How was the relationship between Livy O’s and Suncoast started? Our relationship began when Livy’ Os catered one of our Micro Enterprise Development Networking events in 2019. Livy’ Os is also a business member and has been able to utilize our microloan products as well as has attended some of our workshops through our Business Innovation and Solutions Center. Now Livy’ Os continue to be a Minority Owned, Women Owned business that caters regularly for events at Suncoast. Quote from Gilene Janvier, Micro Enterprise Development Specialist, “It has been exciting to watch Livy O’s grow exponentially in such a short time. I believe this is a result of their keen interest in building relationships, including their relationship with Suncoast Credit Union.”
- What are some ways that Suncoast gives back to the community? Giving back to the community is part of our DNA at Suncoast. By using a Suncoast debit or credit card our members help to make a difference in the lives of local children in our communities. Since the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation’s inception, more than $40 million has been donated to support initiatives related to the education, health, and emotional well-being of children in our area. In addition to our Foundation, we also support a wide variety of businesses and organizations that make our community stronger from corporate sponsorships to encouraging and enabling our employees to volunteer for causes they’re passionate about.
- What are the advantages of having a Suncoast account vs other financial accounts? Suncoast is a credit union which means we are not-for-profit, financial cooperative, that is owned by our members — and credit unions exist specifically to help meet the financial needs of their members. Credit union profits go back to members, which is why they get lower rates on loans, higher earnings on deposits and more free services. Whereas banks are for-profit establishments owned by shareholders. They offer a wide variety of products and services for their customers, but they’re designed to maximize profits for shareholders.
- Is there any advice that you can give to our readers? When considering a financial institution really take the time to learn about the difference between a bank and a credit union and decide which organization aligns with your own personal goals, as well as your banking needs. Local credit unions give back to the community, and at Suncoast we’re proud to give back through our Foundation to every single county that we serve. You can learn more about how every swipe of a Suncoast debit or credit card by our members gives back to the community here: https://www.suncoastcreditunion.com/community/pennies-add-up
Tampa Bay Chamber’s SBOY Award: Finalist Round
You’ve heard correct: we have been officially selected to participate in the finalist round of the 43rd Annual Small Business of the Year Award! After a series of on-site visits to each company selected, winners will be announced November 16th at the Hard Rock Casino. If you are interested in attending and supporting, click here to register.
Kappa Alpha Psi’s Konclave 2023 Recap
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.’s 86th Grand Chapter Meeting was a success! During the week of their congregation in Tampa, Livy O’s catered to several of their events. One of their events was hosted at the J.C. Newman Cigar Company, which was an absolutely exhilarating venue. Click here to see some recap footage!
Livy O’s Superhero Spotlight: Justin Charles
Since joining our team in July 2021 as a Prep Cook and Food Service Attendant, Justin has consistently displayed unwavering dedication and remarkable work ethic. His commitment to excellence in every task he undertakes is truly commendable. Justin’s passion for food and positive attitude have significantly contributed to the success of our establishment. We are truly grateful to have Justin as part of our Livy O’s family, and we look forward to witnessing his continued growth and contributions to our team. Well done, Justin! Your hard work and commitment are truly deserving of
We’re Growing! Meet our HR Generalist, Vaughn Tran
We would like to give a warm welcome to Vaughn Tran, our newest team member. She will be overseeing our new, in-house human resources department. She has already shown off her skills by making all of our forms digital and pushing us to our paperless goal of 2024.
Congratulations to Jaylyn Daniels: Our New Director of Operations
Congratulations on your well-deserved promotion to the position of Director of Operations for Livy O’s! Your dedication and exceptional performance have been evident from the moment you joined the team in February 2022. Your multitasking abilities and versatility have shone through as you flawlessly handled responsibilities as Operational Executive Assistant, Director of Meal Services, and Director of Marketing, along with other vital management roles. Your commitment to excellence and the remarkable impact you’ve had on the company have not gone unnoticed. We are thrilled to have you leading our operations and are confident that under your guidance, Livy O’s will continue to flourish.